Friday, March 3, 2017

S1 Episode 5

My visit with Susan ended too soon. Lane and Miana came to pick me up, and we all went out to eat before heading back to Willow Creek. 

"Interesting restaurant Susan." Miana stated.

"Yes. I used to frequent here when it was just a lounge. I will always love that view. And the food is all experimental. You just never know what you'll get. Kind of like life." Susan replied, "Lane? Do you ever put down your phone? Enjoy the sunset."

I excused myself when I finished to get one more look at the view from that high building.
"Yes," I thought to myself, "I want to make a home here someday."


We returned home just in time for my birthday. I did not make many friends, but Miana insisted on having a social event. I think my birthday was just an excuse for her to do so. So surrounded by strangers, I celebrated my birthday.


Becoming a teen seemed like it would be a big change in my life. But it was back to the usual. My life consisted of school and music lessons. But just as I started to fear that my life would forever be dull, Susan came for a visit.

"I know it's a little late. Sorry I was traveling during your birthday. But I brought you back a gift."

Susan pulled out a black and silver, shimmering guitar. It was like nothing I'd ever imagined having.

"I remember when I was a teen. It's a time to expand and explore. I know you're really into music, so I thought you might like trying something new."

"Wow! Su, this is awesome. I can't wait to learn guitar now." I squealed. Since I usually had the house to myself, except for Nobu, I had plenty of time to practice my new instrument without interruption.


But as time went on, Miana decided I needed new pursuits as well.

"I think it's about time you start getting out there and socializing. You are very fortunate that your brother and I are doing so well. We've got connections with some prominent families."

With that my schedule was once again packed with what Miana wanted. She constantly had people over. She would show me off like some prize.

"Isn't she an accomplished piano player." she'd gush to her friends.


When people weren't over she was constantly "refining" me. She made me switch rooms and remodeled my new room to her liking. She instructed my look and continued my violin lessons. The only time she paid me less attention was went she herself was the center of attention amongst her friends.


I longed for the days of an empty house with just me and Nobu. They only time it was like that was at night. I'd usually wait to it dinner with Nobu when Lane and Miana were elsewhere.

"Miss. Now that you're older, maybe it's time to find your own interest, and follow your own dreams." Nobu would suggest.

"I guess. But I just don't know what I want."

"What do you enjoy the most?"

"I've actually really gotten into the guitar, and I've started listening to different bands."

"And what do you dislike most?"

"Miana constantly planning every detail of my life. And not having time to practice what I want."

"Well then Miss. I'd say you know exactly what you want. You just have to go after it." Nobu smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment