Friday, March 3, 2017

S1 Episode 6

I took Nobu's words to heart. My time with my parents had been short, but I remember they encouraged me to explore new things and follow my passions. The only person who did that now was Susan. So every chance I got, I made the trip to San Myshuno. I discovered street artist and new foods. There I found a band that played at one of Susan's favorite spots.




"I've watched them a few times. Gave me the idea of giving you the guitar."

"Wow, I love them. Their style and look. The sound!"

After one of their shows the lead singer spoke to me. She was a pale, thin red head. Just looking at her you would never imagine the powerful voice that she had.

"Name's Nina. Nice to meet you Jennifer. We meet Susan a few weeks ago, suggested the guitar."

"Yeah, how'd you like it?" the guitarist asked. Her name was Corinna. She was my favorite band member. She wore a police cap and had colorful sleeve tattoos. If I could have been anyone else, it would have been her. She had an irreverence about her.

"I really love the guitar. I'm not good at it yet though."

"Well, why don't you hang with us, I could show you a few things." Corinna suggested.


Slowly but surely I was finding myself and my courage. I continued to practice guitar more and more.  My style was changing too. This did not sit well with Miana.

"What is that racket! If that wasn't a gift from your sister I'd throw it out! And your make up!"

"Come on Miana. I need to practice. I'm not a little girl under your thumb anymore, really just get off my back!"

Miana couldn't handle me pushing back, so she'd set Lane on me. I didn't interact much with him, so when he did confront me I usually gave in.


Despite this, I couldn't stop exploring new things. I started sneaking out. Nina and Corinna sometimes visited a local lounge and I would join them.

"We only come down her because Nina enjoys the atmosphere. I'd rather stay in the city though." Corinna rambled.

"Oh come on Corinna. I just don't like the atmosphere there. I'm not into all the bustle. But it's the best place for musicians." Nina pouted.

"Hey guys, I was wondering if you'd like to help me change my look. I mean, I've been trying new make up, but my wardrobe is atrocious with it."

"Sure can girly. Leave it to me." Corinna smiled.


As a girl my parents let my hair grow long, but Miana had it cut when I moved in with them. For my new look, I went even shorter, and blonde. I got dark clothes to go with my new dark make up, and even got a tattoo on my ankle. It was a whole new me, and I was ready for what ever the world would make of me.



No comments:

Post a Comment