Friday, February 17, 2017

S1 Episode 3

My early childhood, from what I remember, was rather simple. My sister, Susan, continued to visit in between her many travels. She turned me on to the arts, and encouraged me in those pursuits.

"Art and the creation of it is freedom. I love visiting the many museums and getting lost in a painting. Or discovering a local musician, playing their hearts out on the streets." Susan dreamingly reminisced.


My childhood would forever change when my elderly parents eventually passed. Even in death, their love for each other and family seemed to shine. They passed while I was away at school, and from what I was told they passed together.  


Now without my parents, I was taken in by Lane and Miana. My brother, and his wife, where super focused on their careers. But they did the best they knew at first. They had a room prepared for me in their big house. It was super girly and pink. To say the least, it wasn't what I was accustomed to.

"Now that you live with us, I hope to give you everything a young girl of our status would need." Miana stated once I was settled. She took me out shopping and gave me a makeover.


So there I was. Cute little dresses, polished black shoes and short kept hair. I was suddenly thrown into a new world where it mattered what I wore, and that we had a butler. Miana signed me up for piano. Our butler, Nobu, helped me practice daily.

In the evenings, we at dinner at a large table. It was really the only time we sat as a family or really even saw each other. But few words were spoken, aside from small talk or business.


The happiest moment I remember from after my parents passed was visiting Susan in her new temporary home of San Myshuno. She lived in a gorgeous apartment overlooking the city. And I looked at that city, and knew deep down that I wanted a home here too.



No comments:

Post a Comment